The scholarship award is established to recognize the achievements of individuals related to St. Louis BBQ Society (SLBS) members, with an objective of providing financial assistance to pursue completion of undergraduate or graduate level courses.
The 2018 SLBS Scholarship program is open to graduating High School seniors and continuing College students who meet the following criteria:
• Must have gained official admission to, or be a student already enrolled in, an accredited college or university
• A parent or guardian must be a member in good standing of SLBS for at least the past one year.
• The student must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale) in the last school year.
• Applicants must provide a personally composed essay, no more than two pages in length, describing their career plans or regarding personal merit or individual needs.
• The student must submit two single-page letters of recommendation. Note: letters of recommendation from students and family members will not be accepted.
The SLBS Scholarship Committee will have the final authority over selection of the winning candidate(s). The size of the awards will be determined based on funding availability and the number of applicants.
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
1. Applicants must submit an application form, completed in its entirety and bearing the applicant’s signature, to be received by St. Louis BBQ Society no later than May 31, 2018. The grant will be awarded during the summer of that year.
2. Applicants must provide a personally composed essay, no more than two pages in length, describing their career plans or regarding personal merit or individual needs.
3. Applicants must provide two single-page letters of recommendation. Note: letters of recommendation from students and family members will not be accepted.
4. Applicants may email application material to email@example.com or may mail to:
St. Louis BBQ Society – Scholarship 15053 Manchester Road Ballwin, MO 63011
• The SLBS Scholarship Committee will not consider a candidate who does not meet the above qualifications or fails to submit the above materials as described.
• Those candidates, who present a plan to enter culinary arts programs, have done volunteer work in their community, show great character, and those who have a financial need will be given additional consideration. Applicants can demonstrate their personal financial contribution to their education by noting employment outside of school and any other scholarships received.
• The St. Louis BBQ Society will inform all applicants the outcome of the scholarship process.
• The SLBS Scholarship Committee will review the awards. All decisions are final.
• Unsuccessful candidates may be considered the following year or any year thereafter.
• The St. Louis BBQ Society Scholarship is a one-year award. Candidates must reapply each year.
Any questions shall be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the application from here.
Previous scholarship recipients: